Sustainably harvested horn from cattle are gathered and parsed through for their natural variations, then carved and moulded by hand into our unique tear-drop shape. Hand selected for each striation inherent in the material, these are a work of art in how they are individually selected, as well as how they are crafted.
Each one is significantly different from the next and we have grouped them for you by variation:
- Milk Caramel is the most opaque of the variations but can also have hints of dark striping or sheer translucency.
- Zebra only comes in small. It is the darkest variation but can also have tawny hints as well as milky stripes.
- Fawn is the most traditional horn also known as 'tortoise shell', it has warm tawny variations that are often translucent, mixed with darker stripes and spots and an occasional creamy striation.
- Approximately 6 1/2" long x 5" wide
- Designed by M+A NYC in Brooklyn.
- Made in Kolkata, India by master artisans.
These bowls are very light and delicate but practical. They should be hand washed using a mild, non abrasive detergent. They should not be soaked in water for long periods or kept to an open flame or constant heating source. We have used them as candleholders but they should have a small well of water at the bottom or a metal protected tea-light when in use. Do not leave an open flame unattended.