Carved by hand with a lot of love out of soapstone that is naturally a medium grey where it is mined in India. The artisans apply a light black wash of color over the stone that darkens it to a soft black finish. They then let that cure and set and apply butcher’s wax over the whole planter to seal it. The end result is a very low luster/matte finish that is a great neutral backdrop to allow your plants to shine. A drainage hole at the bottom will keep your plants happy. Soapstone is non-porous so will not create efflorescence (salt migration to the surface as with terracotta). Works great with our Round Tray (sold separately).
- Approximately 8 1/8” wide x 4 1/2” high, excluding base
- Base is black powder coated solid brass
- Designed in New York by M+A NYC
- Made in Moradabad, India
- To clean stone use cold water and a soft clean rag and wipe dry with a clean cloth.
- Apply butchers wax to the soapstone periodically to maintain the finish. Butchers wax can be found at most hardware stores.